15 Minute Traditional Huevos Rancheros
Cooking light is a must to succeed in our day to day. Combined with orange juice, or a cold glass of milk, this bountiful breakfast recipe is sure to get the engine running.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings (1 tortilla/serving)
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil nonstick cooking spray
- 1½ cups egg substitute (or real eggs) (try our egg crisper)
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (use our kitchen all in one for shredding without a mess)
- 2 cups Fresh Salsa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper (or use our electric seasoning mill for easy serving)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Lightly brush tortillas with oil on both sides and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until tortillas are crisp on the edges and starting to brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
3. Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. (use our induction pan for optimal heat dispersion)
4. Pour egg into skillet. Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes until eggs are cooked through (use our heat-resistant cooking utensils).
5. Place an equal amount of eggs on each tortilla and top each with ½ tablespoon of cheese.
6. Place under the broiler for about 2 minutes until cheese is melted. Spoon ½ cup Fresh Salsa on each tortilla and top with ground black pepper.
7. Serve warm.
Bonus: Combine your early start with our fruit infusion water bottle to stay refreshed and hydrated. Use our wall tissue holders when enjoying and refrigerator storage containers for unused ingredient storage.
An eggy, traditional south of the border breakfast cooked right at home. It's a southwest favorite, and can be yours too.
Check our collections below and make use of your kitchen, the right way. Your transition to a healthy lifestyle is easier than you think.
Nutritional information: Calories 146, Carbohydrate 16 g, Dietary Fiber 3 g, Protein 13 g, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 3 mg, Sodium 255 mg