15 min Black Bean and Corn Pitas
This protein-packed mixture of seasoned vegetables, black beans, and cheese makes 4 servings considering ½ pita per serving.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium black beans
- 1 cup of frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or no-salt-added canned tomatoes
- 1 avocado, chopped (use our avocado slicer for safety)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (enhance the flavor, use our small vegetable chopper)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more to taste (our adjustable metering spoon does the job just right)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon chili powder (measure it with our metering spoon)
- 2 medium whole wheat pita pockets
- 1⁄3 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese (shred with care with our unique 5-in-1 Kitchen shredder)
1. Drain and rinse beans (use our collapsible colander for fast rinsing) In a medium bowl, combine beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, and garlic. Add parsley, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and chili powder.
2. Cut pita bread in half to form 4 pockets, and spoon equal amounts of filling into each half. Top with cheese and serve (use our cooking helper for quick filling).
You've got yourself a delicious lunch more fulfilling than a dinner and healthier than your shop sandwich.
Check our collections below and make use of your kitchen, the right way. Your transition to a healthy lifestyle is easier than you think.
Nutritional information: Calories 352, Carbohydrate 54 g, Dietary Fiber 17 g, Protein 16 g, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 176 mg