Let’s be honest, eating healthy is a struggle, but once you get on the right track and stay disciplined it becomes a habit, and it’s one of the best habits you can have.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes 1 serving (1 omelet/serving)
- ½ slice whole wheat bread
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (use our chopper)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¾ cup egg substitute, or 1 real egg (keep them crisp!)
- 2 tablespoons grated part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1 large tomato, chopped with our multifunctional slicer
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (measure it)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cut the bread into cubes; toss with oil and garlic in a small bowl. Spread the cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown, tossing once or twice. Transfer to a plate to cool. (use our kitchen helper to prevent burns and do it faster)
Spray a medium pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Pour in egg substitute or real egg (if making more than one, use our dual cooking pot to save time).
- When the egg begins to set, spread evenly across the bottom of the pan and reduce the heat to low (use our kitchen set for best results).
- Once the top layer of egg is almost cooked, sprinkle the cheese and basil on top and scatter the tomatoes and bread over half of the omelet; fold the unfilled omelet half over the filling. Slide the omelet on a plate and serve.
- Take it to the office using our premium lunch containers if you want to have breakfast there. Home food is the best food.
- Bonus: make space in your kitchen with our cabinet organizers, flexible towel rack and wall mounted storage bags.
A nutritious and healthy meal that you can enjoy at any time of the day. Love your kitchen. Love yourself.
Check our collections below and make use of your kitchen, the right way. Your transition to a healthy lifestyle is easier than you think.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 235, Carbohydrate 18 g, Dietary Fiber 5 g, Protein 27 g, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 8 mg, Sodium 506 mg