25 minute BBQ Turkey in Pepper Shells Dinner
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Makes 6 servings. 1 stuffed bell pepper shell half per serving.
- ¾ pound lean ground turkey (use our simple processor)
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped (use our all in one solution)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (14½-ounce) can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 cup low-sodium canned black beans, drained and rinsed (use our essential collapsible colander)
- ½ cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (measure it for best performance)
- 3 whole bell peppers (any color)
1. Brown ground turkey in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Drain excess fat using our accessible strainer. (Bonus: try our stone induction pan for heat-even cooking and flavor enhancement)
2. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. (use our kitchen cooking tools for easy and safe stirring).
3. Add all remaining ingredients except the whole bell peppers; simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat. (use our handy men for steam release)
4. Meanwhile, cut the whole bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Place in a microwave safe dish with a small amount of water.
5. Cover and microwave bell peppers on high until crisp-tender, for 5 minutes.
6. Remove peppers from the dish and place on a large plate. Spoon turkey mixture into bell pepper shells and serve.
7. Bonus: take it on the go with our premium lunch container and foldable dinnerware set. Home lunch is the best lunch.
Check our collections below and make use of your kitchen, the right way. Your transition to a healthy lifestyle is easier than you think.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 209, Carbohydrate 28 g, Dietary Fiber 7 g, Protein 17 g, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 38 mg, Sodium 404 mg
Photo provided by PaleoNewbie.com