Blackberry Banana Smoothie
If you don’t like eating breakfast in the morning, try drinking breakfast. It’s tasty, filling, and full of nutrition. Wheat germ adds protein, fiber, thiamine, and vitamin E to this fruit-packed shake.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2 (1-cup) servings
- 1 small banana, sliced (¾ cup) - use our slicer for fast and easy slicing
- ½ cup blackberries, plus extra for garnish (optional), or blueberries
- ¾ cup fat-free or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1½ tsp granular sugar substitute (optional)
- 1½ tsp wheat germ
- 2 ice cubes - use our honeycomb ice maker for best results
- In a blender, combine the bananas and blackberries; puree until smooth (use our portable blender to make it on the go, or at the office)
- Add the yogurt, sugar substitute (if using), wheat germ, and ice cubes; blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour into 2 (10-ounce) glasses, garnish with whole blackberries (if using), and serve.
- Bonus: make extra and place it in our mini ice pop molds to enjoy later as frozen treats.
Check our collections below and make use of your kitchen, the right way. Your transition to a healthy lifestyle is easier than you think.
Nutritional information per serving: 100 calories, 0.5 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 5 g protein, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 50 mg sodium.