Delicious Green Bean Casserole
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 tablespoon of salt (measure for enhanced flavor)
- 2 pounds of fresh green beans with the ends cut off
- 4 slices of bacon cut into pieces.
- 3 cloves garlic minced with our small chopper
- 1 red bell pepper, grated and cut with our slicer
- 1/2 whole large onion, chopped with shredder
- 5 tablespoons of butter (measure for enhanced flavor)
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk, plus extra for thinning if needed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Freshly ground black pepper (ultra easy with our electric mill)
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar (simple with our slicer)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the green beans to your desired length and then drop them into lightly salted boiling water and allow the green beans to cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Be safe! Use our steam lid. Remove them from the boiling water with a slotted spoon and immediately place into a bowl of ice cold water to stop the cooking process. Once the beans are cooled down, take them out and set them aside.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces, then add the bacon pieces to a skillet over medium heat, use our stone induction skillet for flavor enhancement. Cook the bacon for 2 minutes, and then add the peppers, garlic and onions, and continue cooking until the bacon is almost crisp and the onions are golden brown, it should take about 3 to 5 minutes. When it has finished cooking, remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Sprinkle the flour into the pan and whisk immediately to evenly mix it into the butter (use our cooking set for best performance). Cook for a minute, and then pour in the milk and half-and-half. Continue cooking, whisking constantly, while the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon of salt, some black pepper and then add the grated cheese. Stir while the cheese melts and once it’s done turn off the heat.
- Add the bacon and onion mixture and stir to mix. Later add the green beans and stir gently to combine. Pour into a baking dish and top with the panko. Bake until the sauce is bubbly and the panko is golden, this should take around 30 minutes.
- On a diet? stay lean using our portion controller.
- Serve and store with our Premium Stainless Steel Containers, or if you take it for lunch the next day, try our Essential Portable Dinnerware Set and our Exclusive Steel Lunch Containers.
Impress all your loved ones with your amazing cooking skills and energize your lifestyle.
Check our collections below and make use of your kitchen, the right way. Your transition to a healthy lifestyle is easier than you think.
Photo provided by SeriousEats.com