Healthy Vegetable Chicken Enchiladas
Enchiladas are the personal favorite of many, in this fancy take of the classic Mexican dish, it's full of fresh flavors and loaded with delicious vegetables.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Makes 4 servings. 2 enchiladas per serving.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped (use our all in one shredder for super fast prep)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup cooked, chopped chicken breast (use our protein processor for immediate chopping)
- ¾ cup red enchilada sauce
- 2 (8-ounce) cans no salt added tomato sauce
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2⁄3 cup shredded reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Sauté onion for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Use our cooking utensil set for best performance. Add bell pepper and zucchini; cook for 5 minutes more. Stir in chicken; set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine enchilada sauce and tomato sauce in a small bowl; add ½ cup to vegetable and chicken mixture. (use our handy helpers to release steam)
- Soften tortillas on the stovetop pan or in the microwave, (use our stove protectors to prevent staining). Dip each tortilla in sauce and place equal amounts of vegetable and chicken mixture on one side. Roll up and place in a 13x9-inch baking pan. Pour remaining sauce over the top.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove cover and sprinkle cheese over top; bake for 5 minutes more. Serve while hot.
- Bonus: save for later using our premium steel containers and take them to lunch in our heat insulating lunch boxes and stylish thermos.
This flavorful dish delights the tastebuds as much as it fulfills your hunger. Share with those you love and switch the chinese takeout for something more enchanting.
Check our collections below and make use of your kitchen, the right way. Your transition to a healthy lifestyle is easier than you think.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 311, Carbohydrate 41 g,
Dietary Fiber 7 g, Protein 22 g, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 3 g,
Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 41 mg, Sodium 521 mg
Photo provided by TheGardenGrazer.com