Greens, Chicken and Citrus Salad
A bountiful lunch made with exotic flavors. Use leftover cooked chicken breasts to cut the total time for this recipe in half.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes 4 (2-cup) servings
- 2 Tbsp minced red onion (use our small vegetable chopper for instant mincing)
- 2 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 5 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided (or use our oil sprayer for no mess)
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (weigh on our digital scale for precision)
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (8 cups) - use our food chopper for quick, safe cutting and mixing.
- 1 pink grapefruit, sectioned (cut it on our kitchen sink rack for efficiency)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (or use our electric seasoning mill)
- Combine the onion, vinegar, 4 Tbsp of the oil, ¼ tsp salt, and ⅛ tsp pepper in a jar with a lid. Close tightly and shake vigorously to combine.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (use our heat induction skillet for even cooking) cook the chicken until browned, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Remove from the heat, cut into ½-inch slices, and toss with 3 Tbsp of the dressing.
- Gently toss together the lettuce, grapefruit, and remaining dressing in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the salad topped with chicken slices.
- Bonus: store your extra ingredients and seasonings using our seasoning rack, and keep your left overs on our steel containers. Perfect for taking on the go, potluck, or friends home.
Check our collections below and make use of your kitchen, the right way. Your transition to a healthy lifestyle is easier than you think.
Nutritional information per serving: 380 calories, 20 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 41 g protein, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 190 mg sodium.
Photo provided by SouthBeachDiet.com