Multigrain Watercress and Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
Tea sandwiches may sound like dainty little bites, but this version, which replaces butter with reduced-fat cream cheese and white bread with whole grain, makes a healthy and very tasty snack or lunch.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Makes 4 lunch servings (3 tea sandwiches each) or 6 snack servings (2 tea sandwiches each)
- 8 thin slices multigrain bread
- 4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ bunch watercress, tough stems removed (use our leaf remover for help)
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced (perfect job for our mandoline slicer)
- Spread each slice of bread with cream cheese.
- Make sandwiches with watercress and cucumber.
- Top with the remaining bread. Remove crusts, if desired, and cut each sandwich into 3 rectangular slices for 12 total.
- Bonus: take them with you on your workday, our lunch containers are especially helpful in making commute easy and sleek.
Customize your lunch with our fruit infuser to keep you full of natural anti-oxidants, they'll give you energy, while making sure you remain hydrated.
Check our collections below and make use of your kitchen, the right way. Your transition to a healthy lifestyle is easier than you think.
Nutritional information per serving: 170 calories, 6 g fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, 8 g protein, 25 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 330 mg sodium.
Photo provided by SoutBeachDiet.com