Warm and Toasty Baked Eggrolls
Easy to make and perfect to enjoy. Delight yourself with these unusual eggrolls made for your tastes, and that can be enjoyed over and over.
Prep time: 15–20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 2 tsp ginger, minced (or ½ tsp dried) - use our small chopper to skip this step
- 2 tsp garlic, minced (about 2 cloves) - use our small chopper to skip
- 4 cabbage (napa or Chinese), rinse and shredded (our food chopper is specially designed to handle large cabbage cloves)
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thinly on an angle (julienned) - use our mandoline slicer to save time and space
- 2 grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips (about 4 small breasts) (Leftover Friendly)
- 1 half of an avocado (use our avocado slicer for fast and safe cutting)
- 1 tsp lite soy sauce (or spray it to enhance flavor and reduce sodium)
- 8 phyllo dough sheets
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Heat vegetable and sesame oils in a large wok or sauté pan over medium heat (pro tip: use our dual cooking pan if cooking more than one thing)
- Add ginger and garlic. Stir fry quickly, about 30–45 seconds (use our heat-resistant utensils for easy and safe cooking).
- Add cabbage and carrots. Continue stir frying until the cabbage is soft, about 2–3 minutes.
- Add chicken and soy sauce. Toss well and heat through.
- Remove mixture from the pan, and place in a large colander to drain (use our collapsible colander for an improved kitchen workspace).
- To assemble eggrolls, cover layers of phyllo with a damp cloth to stay moist. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a cutting board.
- Spray it lightly with cooking spray. Top with another layer of phyllo dough, and spray again. Repeat for a total of four layers.
- Prepare a second stack with the remaining four layers.
- Cut layered dough into four squares. Divide filling evenly (about 1 cup portions) into the center of each stack of squares (pro tip: separate the portions with our portion control tool)
- Fold one corner of the square into the middle (on top of the filling). Fold in the two sides, and roll the eggroll over so the folded parts are on the bottom.
- Place the rolls on a nonstick baking sheet, and bake for 15–20 minutes, or until brown and crisp and chicken is reheated. Serve immediately.
- Bonus: Take these on the go using our premium steel containers and enjoy them at the office or share at your next dinner party.
Check our collections below and make use of your kitchen, the right way. Your transition to a healthy lifestyle is easier than you think.
Nutritional information per serving: calories 324, total fat 11 g, saturated fat 2 g, cholesterol 60 mg, sodium 320 mg, total fiber 3 g, protein 26 g.
Photo provided by CItNutrionally.com