Low Calorie Garden Turkey Meatloaf
This 180 calorie meatloaf is perfect for that dose of protein necessary for healthy muscle growth and lean toning. Delicious and worth the wait!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50–55 minutes
Makes 4 servings (2 slices of meatloaf each)
Ingredients for meatloaf:
- 2 cups assorted vegetables, chopped—such as mushrooms, zucchini, red bell peppers, or spinach (use our food chopper to do it in one go)
- 12 oz 99 percent lean ground turkey (use our digital scale for precision)
- ½ cups of whole-wheat breadcrumbs (or substitute regular breadcrumbs)
- ¼ cups fat-free evaporated milk
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper (measure it or use our electric seasoning mill)
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 tsp dried) - use our small chopper for fast mincing
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- Nonstick cooking spray
Ingredients for glaze:
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF.
- Steam or lightly sauté the assortment of vegetables (use our cooking set for easy stirring).
- Combine vegetables and the rest of the meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray, and spread meatloaf mixture evenly in the pan.
- Combine all ingredients for glaze. Brush glaze on top of the meatloaf (use our cooking set with brush to glaze evenly)
- Bake meatloaf in the oven for 45–50 minutes (to a minimum internal temperature of 165 ºF).
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into eight even slices.
- Serve two slices on each plate.
- Bonus: serve with vegetables on the side, steam them in minutes with our vegetable steamer.
Take to the office for lunch and store using our premium steel containers. Accompany your day and stay hydrated with the water bottle that organizes your vitamins or medication. The day is yours to take on. Your transition to a healthy lifestyle is easier than you think. Check out our collections below.
Nutritional information per serving: calories 180, total fat 2 g, saturated fat 0 g, cholesterol 34 mg, sodium 368 mg, total fiber 2 g, protein 25 g.
Photo provided by SimpleAsThatBlog.com