Tasty Smoked Salmon Sandwiches
They might be sandwiches at any other time of day, but our warm and creamy toasted smoked salmon delights are especially nice as a fit snack.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 8 slices thin-sliced whole-grain bread
- 2 oz reduced-fat cream cheese (¼ cup)
- 6 oz thinly sliced smoked salmon (use our digital scale for precision)
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- Freshly ground black pepper (use our electric seasoning mill)
- 4 tsp trans-fat-free margarine (measure it for best results)
- Add avocado for more flavor (optional)
- Lay the bread on a work surface; spread each slice with 1 Tbsp of the cream cheese. Divide the smoked salmon among 4 of the slices. (pro tip: add space in your kitchen using our sink rack)
- Sprinkle the salmon evenly with chives and pepper. Top with the remaining bread slices to make 4 sandwiches (pro tip: add avocado using our slicer for additional flavor)
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tsp of the margarine over medium heat (use our heat induction pans for enhanced flavor and even cooking.
- Add 2 sandwiches, weigh down with a heavy pan, and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining margarine and sandwiches. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve warm.
- Bonus: wrap them up and take to the office for midday snacking. Use our towel racks to provide the plastic and cloth, and take them on our insulated lunch box.
Best enjoyed on a clear day, these sandwiches can be artfully accompanied by a tea strainer bottle. Stay hydrated and eat right. Your transition to a healthy lifestyle is easier than you think. Check out or collections below.
Nutritional information per serving: 240 calories, 11 g fat, 4.5 g saturated fat, 19g protein, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 810 mg sodium.
Photo provided by SouthBeachDiet.com