Rice is the perfect side dish for any meal and any occasion. And with our recipe it just got even more delicious. Turn your healthy meal into a healthier meal by adding some delicious Zucchini filled Yellow Rice!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Makes 4 servings (4 servings per cup)
- 2 teaspoons of unsalted butter
- 2 medium Zucchinis finely diced (Chopped with our Vegetable Chopper)
- 1 medium Carrot finely diced
- 1 cup raw Basmati rice
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric (Measured with our Metering Spoon)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir with our Cooking Utensils in vegetable broth and rice. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until rice is cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in zucchini, carrots, and turmeric. Cover and let stand for about 3-5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately
Enjoy this delicious healthy rice straight off the pot with your family and friends. It is also the perfect left over meal to take to work the next day with our handy Steel Lunch Box. Make your co-workers jealous with your delicious meal and your stylish lunchbox. ;)