Who said cookies weren't a healthy snack? This delicious oatmeal cookie recipe will change your homemade cookie game forever! This can be the perfect activity the whole family can enjoy making together or just eating together. You can enjoy it with some chocolate chips or raisins, or maybe both?
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1.5 cups of quick cooking oats
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon - Measure correctly with out measuring spoon
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or raisins
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 egg - Keep your eggs fresh in our Egg Container
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with butter or olive oil.
- Add the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a mixing bowl and mix well and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, add melted butter, olive oil and brown sugar together and mix well.
- Add egg and continue mixing. Then add vanilla, and mix until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add dry ingredients (everything but the chocolate chips) to wet ingredients, 1/4 cup at a time. Use hand mixer if you wish.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop and roll the dough into ball and slightly flatten between your palms. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven, let cool, and enjoy!
Your whole family will be asking for more! And if you don't finish them you can store them and keep them fresh in our premium steel food containers.