Soft and Healthy Banana Bread
Banana bread is a homemade classic! Everyone loves it and it will forever take you back o your childhood. Whether you enjoyed it at grandmas on a sunny spring day or at your neighbours house while taking a break from playing, banana bread was always present! This healthy banana bread recipe is an essential recipe everyone should have in their kitchen, or in this case, saved to your browser. And we're here to make your life easier with our Exclusive Ten Piece Cooking Set.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas - Quickly mash with our Exclusive Masher
- ¼ cup milk of choice or water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour
- Optional add ons: ½ cup chopped walnuts / pecans / chocolate chips / raisins / chopped dried fruit / fresh banana slices.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit or 165 degrees Celsius and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix the oil and honey in a large bowl then add both eggs and whisk together.
- Add mashed bananas and milk slowly into the mix.
- Mix in baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon.
- Lastly, add in the flour and mix together! If you’re adding any additional mix-ins, add them in now and stir them into the mix.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan with our Bowl Clip on to avoid spilling.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
Serve and enjoy! You can compliment your delicious slice with some vanilla ice cream or just a cup of coffee or tea! Bring your family together with a delicious, soft and healthy banana bread loaf, and you can always enjoy it on the go with our storage to go!